Breakfast at My Mother’s


I’m visiting my mother (97 years old) in Georgia for a few days. Over the years, I have become the “cook” whenever I visit. I make it a point to be sure meals are balanced and include lots of fruit and vegetables.  

As I prepared for the trip, I wondered about how I would handle following Weight Watchers while I’m there. Then I told myself NO - Weight Watchers is a way of life. I always lose weight at my mothers because I eat what I make for her. That means that for those few days my diet is balanced and I eat lots of fruit and vegetables.  And very little snacking because my mother doesn’t keep much to snack on except for fruit. 

So here was our breakfast this morning - 6 WW points (blue) which included the sweetener and almond milk in my coffee, 1 slice of toast, and the cheese and sour cream I added to the eggs.  


Lunch was meatloaf, corn on the cob, sliced tomatoes, and field peas. A total of 7 points - all the points came from the 4 oz. of meatloaf. I got the meatloaf from Miss Daisy’s and all the vegetables from Reed’s farm stand - both in Franklin.  

We finished breakfast around 11:00 this morning.  So our plan was to have a very late lunch around 3:30ish, and then a light snack dinner before bed. 

I didn’t take a photo of lunch, but it was delicious!

I have ten more points before bed. That’s without making any adjustments for WW - except I had light 1-point a slice bread at breakfast. The bread my mother likes is Health Nut, and it is 3-points a slice.  

Comments